Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavspen
Level 7

ESPN3 with the WatchESPN channel

Hi,

Access to replays on ESPN3 ( specifically trying to watch the Aussie Open) seem very limited. In fact there seem to be none. The app on my iPad provides access to dozens of replayable matches. If they're there on the roku I can't find them. It's a Roku 1, by the way.

What am I missing? Thanks. 
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: ESPN3 with the WatchESPN channel

I have noticed missing content on WatchESPN before. The only way it seem to get fixed is if it gets reported to ESPN and then it can take a LOT of time before they fix it but all the missing content I have found is eventually fixed after a while.

Roku has nothing to do with the WatchESPN app. It and all the content belong to ESPN/ABC and they are the only ones that can fix anything about the app.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
gavspen
Level 7

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that ESPN are good in keeping the iOS app content current, but they tend to neglect the Roku app?
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

"gavspen" wrote:
Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that ESPN are good in keeping the iOS app content current, but they tend to neglect the Roku app?

Well I cannot comment on the iOS devices as I will never have i anything in my house BUT I do know there are often separate streams for different devices and the backend support (where the streams are discovered) are usually different for different devices. 

One other thing is that sometimes content is licensed for one set of devices and not for others. 

But still the ONLY way to get the problem addressed is to contact ESPN about it. Roku can do almost nothing.
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
0 Kudos
gavspen
Level 7

Yes I understand. Pretty hard though to imagine that one guy contacting them will have any effect. Oh well......
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

"gavspen" wrote:
Yes I understand. Pretty hard though to imagine that one guy contacting them will have any effect. Oh well......

One guy will not matter BUT a bunch of "one guys" just might matter. On the other hand (you have different fingers) it could be that ESPN is not aware there is a problem with the streams.
0 Kudos