Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ESPN+

I have a subscription with ESPN+ but every time I try to watch something it tells me that the access to this program is not included in your provider subscription.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ESPN+

@Robert216 

Thanks for the post.

Do you have a subscription to ESPN or ESPN+? Please be aware that a subscription to ESPN+ does not include full access to the content available on ESPN.

For more information about your account, we would recommend reaching out to ESPN directly. You can reach them here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

TV streaming I already have- IE.. ESPN

Installed our ROKU last night.  We already have a ESPN+. have had it for over a year- but when trying to sign in- it wants me to sign up for a new subscription...   Is there something I’m missing-  or am I got to have to cancel those channels and add thru ROKO?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV streaming I already have- IE.. ESPN

@reah81 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that a subscription to ESPN+ does not include full access to the content available on ESPN. Make sure when logging into ESPN+, that you are not signing into ESPN.

For more information about your account, we would recommend reaching out to ESPN directly. You can reach them here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV streaming I already have- IE.. ESPN

I have the same problem. Yes of course I am aware of that. The problem is that your device won’t allow me to access my subscription without going through my tv provider. I do want to go through my tv provider as I do not have access through my tv provider. If I can’t access my subscription without going through the tv provider then roku has effectively rendered my subscription meaningless. If my subscription is meaningless my roku is worthless.

By the way, because roku does not offer telephone customer support I tried using espn’s support and they correctly told me that I needed to contact roku’s support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Espn Plus help!!!

So I pay for a subscription to ESPN plus through Apple Pay. I worked fine streaming in my Roku until a few days ago. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Repeat EVERYTHING any website tells me to do and it will not stream anymore. It works on my phone but will not work on my Roku anymore.  I’m about to cancel my membership, but before I do I figured I would reach out 1 more time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Espn Plus help!!!

@Nashty256 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to ESPN directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the ESPN channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos