Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpjacket

Does ESPN Plus require a TV provider?

Jump to solution

Subscribed to ESPN Plus within the Roku ESPN app. When I try to activate it, it requires a TV provider, which I obviously don't have. Why would it be offered if not accessible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Does ESPN Plus require a TV provider?

Jump to solution

@rpjacket 

Thanks for the inquiry.

ESPN Plus will not require a TV or cable subscription as you there is a separate subscription fee associated with that. However, ESPN will require a TV or cable subscription as a subscription to ESPN Plus will not allow access to ESPN content.

For further assistance with your ESPN Plus account, feel free to contact ESPN as they would best be able to assist you. You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rpjacket 

Thanks for the inquiry.

ESPN Plus will not require a TV or cable subscription as you there is a separate subscription fee associated with that. However, ESPN will require a TV or cable subscription as a subscription to ESPN Plus will not allow access to ESPN content.

For further assistance with your ESPN Plus account, feel free to contact ESPN as they would best be able to assist you. You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigraider6

Jump to solution

On Dec 1st I purchased the ESPN Plus channel only to realize you have to have a satellite or TV plan to go with it. I called ESPN and plan was cancelled but that Roku collected the payment and would be the one to refund my money.

ESPN customer service was excellent but I have been going back and forth with Roku. I can’t talk to anyone on phone and on chat all they keep saying is it takes3  to 5 business day to handle. This has been an awful customer service. I would rate their service a 3/10. I just want my refund!

0 Kudos
Unhappy222
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So Does ESPN plus require a TV provider was addressed in 2020 and here it is 12-28 2022 and people are still getting scammed by ROKU that sells subscription to ESPN+ with out telling you that a service provider is required. Just more of fleecing people. I purchased the subscription to watch ESPN+ for 9.99 a month only to find I can not watch ESPN+ on my ROKU without service provider. I have immediately canceled the scam and found there will be no refund but I get the service I cant view for a month.   

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You don't need a TV provider for ESPN+. I  am subscriber to ESPN+. If you don't have a TV provider then you can only stream ESPN+ content. Simple, as that fact.