Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

ESPN+ subscription requires TV provider???

Jump to solution

Subscribed to ESPN+ on the Roku ESPN app and when trying to activate tv it required a tv provider which I obviously don't have.  Why would it be offered if not accessible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ESPN+ subscription requires TV provider???

Jump to solution

@rpjacket 

Thanks for the inquiry.

ESPN+ will not require a TV or cable subscription as you there is a separate subscription fee associated with that. However, ESPN will require a TV or cable subscription as a subscription to ESPN+ will not allow access to ESPN content.

For further assistance with your ESPN+ account, feel free to contact ESPN as they would best be able to assist you. You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@rpjacket 

Thanks for the inquiry.

ESPN+ will not require a TV or cable subscription as you there is a separate subscription fee associated with that. However, ESPN will require a TV or cable subscription as a subscription to ESPN+ will not allow access to ESPN content.

For further assistance with your ESPN+ account, feel free to contact ESPN as they would best be able to assist you. You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

On Dec 1st I purchased the ESPN+ channel only to realize you have to have a satellite or tv plan to go with it . I called espn and plan was cancelled but that Roku collected the payment and would be the one to refund my money . ESPN customer service was excellent .. but I have been going back and forth with Roku .. can’t talk to anyone on phone and on chat all they keep saying is it takes3 to 5 business day to handle ..my ticket number # is  3884383 and it has been 4 days today .. this has been an awful customer service .. I would rate their service a 3 out of 10 . I just want my refund !!! Junior Ward 

0 Kudos