Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phenderson288
Reel Rookie

ESPN 'program is not available try again later'.

The ESPN channel stopped loading for no apparent reason. I get a message that my program is not available try again later.  This has been going on for several days. I'very tried removing and reloading the channel but nothing changes.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN 'program is not available try again later'.

Try:

1. Log out of the ESPN app:  Settings/Account Information/Select account/Continue
  2. Remove ESPN app: Highlight ESPN app, Options (*), Remove
  3. Restart Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart  <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!
  4. Re-install ESPN app (and login/re-activate)
0 Kudos
phenderson288
Reel Rookie

Re: ESPN 'program is not available try again later'

I've been through that process several times and nothing changes.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Its important you follow the directions exactly - if you dont first log completely out of the ESPN app, and dont restart your Roku after removing the ESPN app, the reinstall wont work to correct the issues.

Assuming you've fully updated your Roku (Settings/System/System updates/Check now), you'll need to contact ESPN for further help.

0 Kudos
phenderson288
Reel Rookie

Under settings I don't find an Account Information option.  I have to assume that I don't have the ESPN app open since I only get the message "Content is not available at this time.  Please try again later" when I try to open it. 

0 Kudos
eh4873
Reel Rookie

I am getting exactly the same error yesterday and today."Content is not available at this time. Please try again later". 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@phenderson288 wrote:

Under settings I don't find an Account Information option.

Me neither.  This is on a Roku Streaming Stick+ Roku device.  Perhaps the menu system on a Roku TV does include this - can't check my bedroom Roku TV as my wife is using it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
eh4873
Reel Rookie

I had the same error. I also found that Disney + was down. I worked with the Disney+ support team and they were blocking my IP Address. They fixed that and both ESPN+ and Disney+ started working. The fact that ESPN+ was working on my mobile when I was using Cellular Data but not when I used the wifi pointed us in the right direction. Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Rickey3108

The option to remove app after clicking the * is not available for the ESPN app. I have tried on 2 of the rokus in my house, both by clicking on the app and pressing * and by going to my list of streaming channels. 

How can I delete the ESPN app? I can delete all others, but not this one. Please help!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Rickey3108  you might need to check the software version of the ESPN app.  Either way it’s probably an issue with the ESPN servers.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos