Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kereno
Level 7

ESPN required a subscription television broadcast subscription

Jump to solution

We wanted to watch our Pac 12 games so I subscribed to ESPN. When I went to watch it I was given a code and directed to activate my account; then had to select which cable TV I had subscribed to. It didn't acknowledge ROKU and it didn't acknowledge my internet streaming provider. So I had no access and paid for nothing. Bad!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ESPN required a subscription television broadcast subscription

Jump to solution

Hello @kereno

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that there are channels on Roku that require a cable or TV provider login for full access. (e.g., ESPN)

If you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @kereno

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that there are channels on Roku that require a cable or TV provider login for full access. (e.g., ESPN)

If you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kereno-

Was this ESPN or ESPN+, and how did you subscribe - directly with ESPN, through Roku, or through some other party such as Amazon/Hulu/etc?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Dalem
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem paid 73.91 for a annual subscription through roku for espn and find out that espn requires expensive cable or satellite.

Will not refund. Espn said I have to go through roku for refund. Good luck there.

What a rip off.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dalem

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you may have paid for an ESPN+ annual subscription, rather than ESPN.

For further assistance with account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos