Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ESPN+ "Media Not Allowed" message

Jump to solution

My solution was logging out of the cable provider in the app and logging back in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Tried that many times and it didn't work so I dropped my ESPN+ subscription after a month in 2019.

It hasn't been necessary for this 2020 U.S. Open, I've only only been selecting matches from the regular On Demand section and I've not had any Media Not Allowed messages, except for the men's final this morning. I'll try again in a few days or watch highlights on YT.

Perhaps it's because Spectrum is a major sponsor of the Open and have re-negotiated their contract with ESPN, whatever, I've given trying to understand it and I'm a happy Spectrum customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This doesn’t make any sense. Link ESPN app with a cable box? I can easily log in with my ESPN app on iOS iPhone 8 with my Spectrum credentials. Yet I cannot use the same log in on the Roku TV ESPN app? Who needs to know about this? ESPN? Roku? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

ESPN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello

I have Comcast Xfinity and I subscribe to ESPN and the sports package. I use to get First Take on my Roku app now its says not allowed, What do I have to do to get it back I tried paying for the ESPN+ but it was not included 

0 Kudos