Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: ESPN+ "Media Not Allowed" message

Thank you for the reply. So you have an ESPN cable subscription thru Spectrum and ESPN+ and you are still getting "Media Not Allowed" messages on your Roku? If I have that correct, you could try logging out of ESPN+ and then logging back in to see if that clears the situation. I tried that with no luck.

But what I have found is the frequency of "Media Not Allowed" messages varies during a tennis tournament. At the start of a tournament there are few messages, at the end of the tournament semi-finals and finals are always blocked.

For tennis there is no advantage to having ESPN+, ESPN+ allows access to the noname matches that I don't care about anyhow, so I canceled my subscription to ESPN+.

It's interesting that AppleTV behaves differently, that may be a coincidence that the two apps are coded differently and AppleTV allows more content thru.

0 Kudos