Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESPN+ on Roku2 Player

Hi. Just joined ESPN+, and trying to add/view on my Roku2 player.

I had not previously had ESPN loaded on my Roku, went to add it, and while description is for new app, including espn+ in description and screenshots, the app that actually loads is "WatchESPN" with different screen setup and no way to navigate to ESPN+.

Will this channel update to the new APP now that I"ve re-connected the ROKU, in a day or two? OR does my player not support the new app?

(Player has not been plugged in for a year or more, so probably needs some updating? Can I do that manually, or do I wait for it to do it on its own?)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: ESPN+ on Roku2 Player

You can force an update any time you want. It will attempt to do one overnight, but I'd suggest forcing one. And, if it updates, when it's done, force another. And so on until there are no more.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos