Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ESPN not loading after adding Disney / ESPN Plus

Jump to solution

@Donna6 

Possibly. I don't use the bundle, so I can't speak first-hand, but according to that link supplied earlier, logging in to ESPN Plus on the same account as Hulu should make it work.

Have you gone to ESPN.com and logged in to ESPN Plus that way? If so, then it should work on your streaming device. If not, work with ESPN to get that working. Tell them you can't access via the Website, and they won't give you so much runaround. Then, once you can access ESPN Plus via the Web browser, you should be able to log in via the app, since you'll already be logged in and able to enter the code in your browser.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Donna6
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
ironhead
Level 7

Jump to solution

using roku stick--did that reset thing got better but still buffering not as much. goes good for a while then bang 2,3,4 in a row !

0 Kudos
airwolf09
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not working. It kicks me out to main menu

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ironhead @airwolf09

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Level 13

Jump to solution

@airwolf09 wrote:

Not working. It kicks me out to main menu

What app are you using to access ESPN and ESPN 2 that kicks you out to the main menu?  Just for clarity purchasing ESPN Plus will not give you access to ESPN or ESPN 2.   You need a provider like cable TV, satellite TV, or a streaming service like YouTube TV to get access to ESPN and ESPN 2.

0 Kudos
bflav
Level 7

Jump to solution

After pressing * on my remote, the option list that pops up does not contain a 'remove channel' option.

0 Kudos
bflav
Level 7

Jump to solution

There isn't a 'remove channel' option for ESPN on the list that pops up after pressing the * key on my remote.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

ESPN not loading after adding Disney / ESPN Plus

Jump to solution

Hi @bflav,

Thanks for the inquiry,

Please note that if the "remove channel" is not available when pressing the * button, it is because the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
J-MB
Level 7

ESPN not loading after adding Disney / ESPN Plus

Jump to solution

ESPN Plus  Does not include access to ESPN and ESPN 2 channels. If you only purchased the ESPN Plus channel only those things marked as ESPN Plus will play. To see ESPN and ESPN 2 labeled events you must input your TV provider and have those channels available. At least that was the fix that worked for me. I input my TV provider and the other events opened right up.

0 Kudos