Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMFPDF
Level 7

ESPN app suddenly not working

Jump to solution

The ESPN Roku app no longer is loading content - it has been like this since Saturday morning.

After opening the app,  the ESPN logo briefly appears then an "okay" appears on screen that when clicked goes to a second screen which says "Content is not available at this time. Please try again later" along with another "okay." When I click that "okay" Roku goes back to the home screen. 

I have tried deleting the ESPN app from Roku, restarting the Roku and reloading the ESPN app.

Thank you for any advice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ESPN app suddenly not working

Jump to solution

Hey @SMFPDF

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists on one channel while videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can contact ESPN Support here: https://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?page=espncscontact

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @SMFPDF

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists on one channel while videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can contact ESPN Support here: https://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?page=espncscontact

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SMFPDF
Level 7

Jump to solution

ESPN knew there was an issue with their Roku app. They were able to resolve my issue by getting my IP address and doing something on their end.

0 Kudos
Dunebugi
Level 7

Jump to solution

ESPN said it was ROKU!  Did you ever get it working again?  Mine is not working either! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
SMFPDF
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did get the ESPN app to work again. I texted with ESPN support. They asked for my IP address which they helped me locate. They did something on their end and I’m back in business. 

ESPN is aware of the issue. 

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Dunebugi
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I'll tell them to try  that because they didn't ask for my IP address when I called them.  Big fight coming up this Saturday!

0 Kudos
charliebythec
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been working this for several weeks,  resetting to factory defaults, remove app, reboot roku, add app.  NOTHING made a difference over multiple devices.

If you have the HULU, Disney +, ESPN + package, they must of combined it somehow.   Work around is go in to HULU, which is the only app working out of the 3, and search for ESPN+ and run it through HULU.  Can do the same with Disney +.   

0 Kudos
charliebythec
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been working this for several weeks,  resetting to factory defaults, remove app, reboot roku, add app.  NOTHING made a difference over multiple devices.

If you have the HULU, Disney +, ESPN + package, they must of combined it somehow.   Work around is go in to HULU, which is the only app working out of the 3, and search for ESPN+ and run it through HULU.  Can do the same with Disney +.   

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@charliebythec wrote:

Disney-owned stations have had a problem for a while with some users' IP (Internet Protocol) addresses being blocked.   Contact them and ask that your IP be unblocked.  Clearing this up for one Disney-owned channel should clear it for all.

If you don't know your IP, there are many sites that can provide this information for you, such as https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos