Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ETII
Level 7

ESPN Plus and no support from ROKU

Jump to solution

I ordered ESPN plus today and have had constant problems.  Trying to watch the PGA.  
No support from ROKU or ESPN plus (Disney?). Can’t watch on more than one source..and the only one tv freezes and says to try later.  I tried to cancel today..same day of purchase..they say I still have to pay for the month.  Feel like canceling ROKU

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ESPN Plus and no support from ROKU

Jump to solution

@ETII 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact ESPN support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ETII 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact ESPN support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Krysalis
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here is my chat from ESPN. I'm stuck with no help from either party as well. 

34m ago

Please hold while we connect you to the next available agent.

Agent has entered the chat.

A

Hello, my name is Marina.

A

Thank you for contacting ESPN+ Customer Support. How may I assist you today?

33m ago

Hello, earlier in the year subscribed to ESPN plus . Their season was cancelled and I have been trying to cancel for months.

The Roku says cancel online, online says cancel on roku and phone says cancel online.

31m ago

A

I'm sorry to hear that you had issue managing your subscription. I can definitely check what's happening.

A

Before we start, In case our chat disconnects the best number to reach you is the one that ends with xxxx,right?

yes

30m ago

A

Thank you! Rest assured that you will be called back within 5 to 15 mins in case we get disconnected.

A

Can you confirm your last name so I can pull up your account

xxxxxxx

28m ago

A

Thanks! I see that the subscription was from Roku. When they say to cancel online, it means you can do it from a browser on your mobile phone, tablet or computer. Here's the steps: Go to roku.com on your computer or smartphone. Click or tap Manage your subscriptions. After the My subscriptions page loads, you will see all subscriptions billed by Roku, along with terms and renewal date. Choose your ESPN+ subscription and select Unsubscribe to cancel. Confirm your cancellation when prompted.

A

http://roku.com

25m ago

please standby so I can try

A

Alright

22m ago

its not showing espn listed. this is what I mean. now what? They are definitely taking money out every month. They are retrying a payment today as well.

21m ago

It says if not billed through roku contact the channel directly

20m ago

A

That is if it's direct from us, we can control it. But when I checked your account, it's from Roku. If the subscription is not showing there, you can contact to request cancellation instead. You can contact them at https://support.roku.com/contactus

A

https://support.roku.com/contactus

18m ago

I have done all of this. They always lead me back to you. whom in turn lead me back to roku. If you can see my account. Can you just cancel it. This is what I mean by circles

17m ago

A

If the subscription was direct charge from ESPN, I can control it. But the subscription was from ROKU. It shows ROKU on your account Kristi. If you still have the email receipt from Roku, you can show that to them. It has an order number so they can locate the transaction

14m ago

A

I can cancel an ESPN account but it will not stop the subscription. You still need to cancel it through Roku

13m ago

let me show you there clause listed so you know that your customers fall into a black hole. During these times $4.99 may not seem like a lot but it adds up. I tried to cancel this back in March when their season was 1st cancelled. The subscription is my problem. I don't think you should mess with the account if you can completely cancel everything. Stand by please.

8m ago

I attached a screenshot here of what Roku page looks like not listing ESPN as a subscription I can manage

7m ago

A

If you have the email receipt from Roku, you can show that as an evidence. If not, then the only option is to report the charge from the bank. I can escalate the case to my higher up but I don't think they can cancel the subscription as it is from Roku.

6m ago

A

I know it's not showing from your Roku account. You know you subscribed using your Roku right? the subscription should be showing there but it's not. Issues with subscription not showing on an account can be disputed from where you purchase it which is Roku

just now

Although all my emails are from Espn. for example even and email on Aug 7 telling me that they will now be charging $5.99 after 8/12. You have to understand that this is a horrible customer experience and that I am not the only one. It should not be this hard to cancel a subscription. Its your product.

0 Kudos
Krysalis
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can you help?

0 Kudos
cyrildoll
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm going through the same thing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Krysalis @cyrildoll 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos