Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN 'Media Not Allowed', authentication issue

Jump to solution

ESPN+ is entirely different from ESPN. To watch ESPN+ you need to subscribe to it. It says so right on there website. It’s $6.99/ month. You can also get the Disney bundle for $14.99/month. But to watch ESPN you need to have a TV provider. That has nothing to do with Roku. ESPN is a paid channel. I have YouTube TV so that’s my provider. In a nutshell you cannot watch ESPN or ESPN plus for free. Disney owns ESPN and Hulu 

0 Kudos
mrsc1990

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Daisies911

Jump to solution

DirectTV does not have SEC+. I am trying to watch it on my TV and not my iphone but keep getting the "median not allowed" error code. Yesterday I was able to watch a college game on SEC+ but today I am not able to. What happened? Can't watch ESPN+ either.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No live tv streaming service offers ESPN+. ESPN+ is entirely different from ESPN. You need a subscription for ESPN+ to watch it. You watch through the ESPN channel on your Roku. Usually people get the Disney bundle.It’s ESPN+, Hulu and Disney+ for $14.99/month 

0 Kudos
RELee

Jump to solution

I had HULU and it is a provider for ESPN, however, your post stated ESPN+ which has to be paid for in addition to a regular HULU. They refer to it as an add on and market it as a Disney Bundle. Regular ESPN will stream about anything you want except some European Soccer and high profile boxing matches. If you are trying to stream ESPN you should enter HULU as your provider. 

0 Kudos