Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregAb
Level 7

ESPN Channel Issues

Just bought a Roku Ultra. Love it. Should've got one a long time ago. Experiencing an issue with the ESPN channel. Using a friend's cable provider login I was able to access sportscenter and other live programming. Two days later every live program from ESPN is now displaying a generic error message: "Access to this program is not included in your spectrum TV subscription".

A) it is...because I was able to watch for 2 days before this error occurred
B) It's not an internet connection issue.
C) I have confirmation that the bill is paid up and that the user's TV service is uninterrupted.

I've tried logging out via the ESPN channel's * menu. However upon attempting to log back in it does not ask me for user name and password, only the activation PIN and that I click on the name of the provider.

Ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: ESPN Channel Issues

ESPN app is remembering the login information. Remove the app, reboot the Roku, add the app back.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos