Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlk10010
Level 7

ESPN+ Browse Issue

I have an Ultra and have been using the ESPN+ app for a while now. For me, excellent value and although the UI is a bit klunky I'm happy.

I usually use the "Browse" menu option at the top right of the screen to get to the videos I want, quickly. It lets me choose, among other things, the league or type of sport I'm interested in. However, in the last few days/week when I select "Browse" I'm only given a single row of choices containing maybe four or five videos. No leagues, sports or other options. Do other people see this? I know I can contact ESPN directly to see if it's a problem across platforms but thought in case this is a Roku app issue I'd check here first.

If anyone uses ESPN+ can you let me know if you see what I see when you select "Browse"?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: ESPN+ Browse Issue

I do not post here much anymore but I, too, have noticed this issue. When I select "browse" I only see the "Latest episodes" row and even that only has a very few entries.

However I am confident that it is not just the Roku app as when I go into ESPN on my Shield TV there is absolutely NO content under browse.

ESPN has screwed something up and I do not like it either but I am also sure they are aware of it and they will fix it, or not, as their whim dictates. I have never found ESPN/ABC to be the most user friendly company to interact with.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
nlk10010
Level 7

Thank You.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

First the good news. They've fixed the problem.
Now the bad news. It is no better than it ever was.
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
0 Kudos
nlk10010
Level 7

Well, for me, they still offer a lot of good content. I’m absolutely certain, however, that the price will go up significantly when renewal time rollls around.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

"nlk10010" wrote:
Well, for me, they still offer a lot of good content. I’m absolutely certain, however, that the price will go up significantly when renewal time rollls around.

I was not talking about the content. I was talking about the user interface. I do not think the will increase the price as their interface is so bad that it is cleat they have no real interest in the product. They just want users to interact and see the ads they offer. Subscriptions are not a money maker for them.
0 Kudos
nlk10010
Level 7

For sure, I don’t disagree. It’s just that I’m willing to wade through all the crap to get to the content. For now, at least.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"nlk10010" wrote:
I have an Ultra and have been using the ESPN+ app for a while now. For me, excellent value and although the UI is a bit klunky I'm happy.

I usually use the "Browse" menu option at the top right of the screen to get to the videos I want, quickly. It lets me choose, among other things, the league or type of sport I'm interested in. However, in the last few days/week when I select "Browse" I'm only given a single row of choices containing maybe four or five videos. No leagues, sports or other options. Do other people see this? I know I can contact ESPN directly to see if it's a problem across platforms but thought in case this is a Roku app issue I'd check here first.

If anyone uses ESPN+ can you let me know if you see what I see when you select "Browse"?

Thanks in advance

It is a glitch. From what I understand, ESPN is supposed to add all the +content to a devoted on demand section beyond their traditional replay cycles, but they didn't announce when that would happen. It's only an assumption on my part, but perhaps they are working on that and that could be the reason for the glitch. I'm a sports writer who covers Boxing so I am really looking forward to that and when DAZN laubches next month,,it eill be close to Christmas between the two services if you're a combat sports fan. Or sports fan period.
0 Kudos