Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kikimonster
Level 7

ESPN App not recognizing internet

All other apps work perfectly, zero issues. I try to access the ESPN app and it gives me an error stating to check if the device is connected to the internet. 

- Roku3 is hard wired, not using the wireless
- Have uninstalled, reinstalled ESPN app
- Have restarted the Roku3
- Have updated all firmware for router and associated equipment

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: ESPN App not recognizing internet

"kikimonster" wrote:
- Have uninstalled, reinstalled ESPN app
- Have restarted the Roku3
Any thoughts?

This is the correct order:

1. Uninstall the app

2. Restart the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

Any other order won't work.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
kikimonster
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. Followed your suggestion after I did a factory reset. It didn't work. This is the message that I am receiving from the app:

"Network Error: We are unable to connect you to the service. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again." 

As before, no other app is having an issue. Any other suggestions/thoughts? Can't miss the Dawgs this weekend.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"kikimonster" wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Followed your suggestion after I did a factory reset. It didn't work. This is the message that I am receiving from the app:

"Network Error: We are unable to connect you to the service. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and try again." 

As before, no other app is having an issue. Any other suggestions/thoughts? Can't miss the Dawgs this weekend.

Who's your Internet Service Provider? Might they be blocking ESPN for some reason? And what service are you using to authenticate?

By the way, Georgia is on CBS this weekend, not ESPN. Link to ESPN Gamecast You'd want the CBS All Access app -- IF the local station carries the Georgia-Kentucky game instead of the Alabama-LSU game, which is also on CBS. Go Dawgs!
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
GEORGIA_DAWG
Level 7

How 'Bout Them Dawgs! 

Well, did you ever figure out the issue you were having?

Also, I too am looking at streaming devices again, and the Roku is one of them. I will mostly be streaming college football games, and have a question for y'all.

Does the Youtube TV, Youtube, and ESPN apps work great? These would be the main channels I'd watch.
GO DAWGS!
0 Kudos