Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Dutch channels on Roku USA

Hello, I was wondering if any Dutch apps/channels like NPO will be added to Roku. The Nederlands has many apps available for Dutch streaming 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Dutch channels on Roku USA

Channel apps only stream to geographical areas in which they are authorized due to contract concerns and broadcast rights issues. NPO streams only in the Nederlands.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you!!

Maybe you can help me understand the concept here.

I can watch on a IOS device NPO using their app without signing in or registering to their app. My thinking is that if there is an app, it could work on Roku.

Could you explain to me Why that would not work??.

is it because it’s an iOS version and Roku uses A different platform??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Actually, there is an android version available in the playstore also. I wasn’t aware of that before 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Roku just provides the platform on which the channel apps run. Roku has its own operating system. Neither IOS nor Android apps are compatible. Roku makes available the information the channel providers need for writing Roku-compliant apps, but it's up to the channels themselves to create, provide and maintain their channel apps.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos