Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenefeffener
Reel Rookie

Re: Dr. G. Episodes seem spliced or zippered together

I’m in Canada, I don’t think I can get Peacock (I really wanted it for all the original Law & Order episodes)…are you by chance also in Canada?

0 Kudos
Mickin5383
Reel Rookie

I am not. ☹️ In the US 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

In order for us to investigate the issue further, can you please provide the information that was previously requested by @RokuKariza-D?

Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jenefeffener
Reel Rookie

There’s a live stream that works just fine and then there’s the actual episodes that can be played. It says Health in the details but I don’t know what channel it is, it popped up as an option on the main screen after I’d been watching the live stream every night. So when I go into RokuTV I have both the episodes and the live stream and it is the episodes that are messed up. I don’t know what else to tell ya 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
Mickin5383
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Hi Danny,  I am having this issue on the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jenefeffener @Mickin5383

Thanks for the follow up posts.

Can you please provide us with the following information so we can investigated further:

-Channel

-Content title, Season, and specific Episode
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jenefeffener
Reel Rookie

I don’t know the channel, as stated before

it is all seasons, all episodes. It says ‘health’ beside the season and episode info. I tried sending a picture but don’t know how to make the image size smaller

Find Dr G Medical Examiner, NOT the live stream, select any episode, and push play. Within a few minutes the episode will jump ahead and then back to the beginning but the closed captions keep going. It never stops shifting back and forth.

I can’t help ya. And it seems you can’t help me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos

This is frustrating and horrible.   It's bouncing back and forth and repeating portions in an episode..  and towards the end if the story it pulls in another story line.  This is aggravating 😒 

0 Kudos

@RokuKariza-D @RokuDanny-R 

I am filling in the information you have requested on behalf of myself and the others who have posted about this issue.

Please note that this issue exists on the majority of episodes available for this series, especially after season 1. I have chosen, at random, Season 5 Episode 1 to answer your question with the data you have requested. This same issue exists on most other episodes, but I have chosen this episode at random. Sure enough, the issue of audio and video chopping back and forth and the subtitles being out of sync does exist on this episode, just as it does on the majority of other episodes for this series. I hope this is clear.

Here is the information you have requested:

-Channel: Roku Channel (not Live TV)

-Content Title: Dr. G Medical Examiner

-Issue report tracker: 

Model: 7217X - Roku TV

Serial Number: YN00KF821888 (HYD91K821888)

Software version: 11.0.0 · build 4193-39

Timestamp: 2022-06-04T02:31:49Z

Please use issue ID 88-221-911 to report the current issue.

When did you start seeing the issue: Months ago. Issue continues to present every time I try to watch the series on the Roku Channel. From this discussion, it appears the issue has been present since at least prior to September of 2021.

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Go to Roku Channel and put on any episode of Dr. G Medical Examiner after season 1. Watch the first several minutes and the issue will appear. Give it a try with Season 5 Episode 1 since it is known to me that this specific issue exists on this specific episode. But again, you could choose and episode at random and most likely find this issue.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@330burlington

Thanks for providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos