Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ametuer
Level 7

Downloading (I guess) the Fox News Channel

I am hoping someone can help me get the Fox News Channel?  I have a Roku 3 is all I could find to identify the device.  I have had no trouble streaming anything except for Fox News.  I get a code from the TV and go to the connect site, I am on Spectrum wifi.  I put in the code and it says the channel is installed.  When I go back to my TV it says "unexpected error" and does not load.  I am not good with computer, wifi etc. and maybe I am not doing it right.  Can someone help me with this problem?  Thank you for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Downloading (I guess) the Fox News Channel

See this article: https://www.groundedreason.com/where-to-watch-fox-news-online-without-cable/

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
skee
Level 7

This does not answer the question, it says it is supported on roku, I should not have to add another subscription to get it, I already pay for the spectrum.  The roku fox news app is not working and hangs.  Is there anything that can be done?  Will Roku support it?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@skee 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos