Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtstadanko
Level 8

Don't delete your SpectrumTV app...

Looks like Spectrum and Roku are having licensing cost disagreements and Spectrum has pulled the TV app from the channel store. It will still work if you have it, but dont remove it anytime soon.

7 Replies
hflax1
Level 7

Re: Don't delete your SpectrumTV app...

I understand business negotiation. Every company wants as much of your (our) money as they can get from you and from each other or on the reverse did they want to part with as little of their money as possible. 

What I want to know is which side of the negotiation made the decision to pull the Spectrum app so that I know where to direct my displeasure. In other words both Roku and Spectrum are guilty of reneging on their claims that Spectrum would work on Roku. I just want to know which is more to blame. There are alternatives to both.

0 Kudos
mustbmsz
Level 7

Is there any way to keep my  nephew who has autism and has deleted channel apps before from deleting apps off roku?

0 Kudos
ginnysoule
Level 7

Some of us have Roku TVs and stream from Spectrum.  I site hope they get this resolved soon!

0 Kudos
Mitch_Cumstein
Level 7

This is so annoying, I bought my parents a Roku for Christmas so they could get Spectrum TV in an additional room.  I try to set it up on Christmas Day for them only to find out that the Spectrum App is no longer available on Roku.   This needs to be resolved soon, the Roku was a great way to watch cable without needed the expensive receiver.  

0 Kudos
sgtstadanko
Level 8

@mustbmsz i believe you can set a PIN for add/remove apps.

0 Kudos
sgtstadanko
Level 8

just to be clear. If you already have it, its not getting removed (at least not yet?).  Just don't delete it.

0 Kudos
mark_peps
Level 7

Spectrum doesn’t have the capability to remove apps from Roku platform.  Pressure needs to be added from people on both sides (Roku and Spectrum) to come an agreement.  Call and email to both companies to voice your opinions.  This needs rectified.