Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanaosritum
Level 8

Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos not working on emby app

Jump to solution

I play movies on emby app but Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos doesn't work.
Atmos sound not play (but DTS sound works)
And the Dolby vision image is not displayed (display only HDR)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos not working on emby app

Jump to solution

@tanaosritum

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Emby support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Emby support here: https://emby.media/support.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@tanaosritum

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Emby support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Emby support here: https://emby.media/support.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

tanaosritum
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
tanaosritum
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tanaosritum wrote:

I want you to go and read it.

OK, I see why you aren't getting Atmos. You are playing a media title with Dolby TrueHD. Roku devices will not bitstream TrueHD or DTS-MA. Your server is transcoding the audio to standard DD. You will never get Atmos from a TrueHD track. The online streaming sites all use a different version of Atmos, which is embedded in Dolby Digital Plus (EAC-3). 

As to Dolby Vision, how did you rip your disc? MakeMKV has had the ability to rip UHD discs for quite some time, but the first versions that supported it did not rip the DV layer properly. If you ripped your discs with those earlier versions, you might need to rip it again with the latest version. 

They also mentioned reducing the video bitrate to not exceed the limits of the Fast Ethernet connection on the Ultra 4800. The only way to reduce the bitrate is to transcode the video, and doing that will also strip out DV. 

By the way, the 4800 does have a Dolby Digital encoder, so it can internally transcode some unsupported audio. But in my testing it doesn't always convert TrueHD to DD. some titles it worked and some did not. But this too will strip out Atmos. 

With a Roku player, you will never get Atmos from a ripped movie disc, unless Roku finally makes a super version. For that kind of media, you need an Nvidia Shield. My UHD rips all play TrueHD/Atmos and STS:X/Master Audio without any need for transcoding. You really haven't any other option. None of my rips contain Dolby Vision, so I can't speak to how well that works. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
tanaosritum
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok. Thank you every much

0 Kudos