Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Does the Xfinity channel support my older Roku devices?

Jump to solution

I have an LT model and a HD roku, I was able to download Xfinity stream beta on the new express and I was having difficulty downloading it on the other 2 models. Is this due to age of the devices or are you only allowed 1 copy per account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Xfinity

Jump to solution

@Khorosbree 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that both the LT (model 2700) and HD (model 2500) Roku devices are much older devices.

For more information about what Roku devices are supported by the Xfinity channel visit their support page here: Activate the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Xfinity

Jump to solution

@Khorosbree 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that both the LT (model 2700) and HD (model 2500) Roku devices are much older devices.

For more information about what Roku devices are supported by the Xfinity channel visit their support page here: Activate the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 Problem adding Xfinity Streaming

Jump to solution

When I try to add Xfinity Streaming to my Roku 2 it gives me an error message say Channel install failed. Could not add. Has anyone every had this problem? How did you fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku 2 Problem adding Xfinity Streaming

Jump to solution

The Roku 2 2720 was released in Sep 2013. It's entirely possible that it doesn't support that particular channel. While the 2720 is still supported by Roku, many channel providers have dropped support for older devices because they lack the processing power or memory resources required for the channels they release.

If I remember correctly, Xfinity calls their channel a beta, so it might also just be having a hiccup. Either way, you'd need to contact Xfinity for their channel support. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 2 Problem adding Xfinity Streaming

Jump to solution

@thebeliever 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You may not be able to add the channel on your device if the channel does not support your device model.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos