Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does the Roku Spotify app support video streaming on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

@Cgray1978 

Roku doesn't build the apps. You know how Apple doesn't build the Apple TV apps, and how Amazon does not build the Amazon Fire TV apps, and how Google doesn't build the Google/Android TV apps? Same thing. If the app is having issues, that's who you would contact, whether Roku, Apple, Google, or Amazon.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Cgray1978
Reel Rookie

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

Yes I’m not an idiot. But Roku offers the download, and it should be advertised as “all functions may not work with the Roku app” from the download screen.

0 Kudos
Creviceg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don't know what's behind the "idiot" comment, as I would never insult another member.  I agree Roku should admit to the shortcoming, or better yet pressure Spotify to fix it. Certainly they have the clout to do so but apparently just don't care.  I'm just a Roku user letting them know that their failure comes at a cost. I bought the Chromecast out of frustration, and because it handles Spotify video just fine. If I worked at Roku I'd see that the app got fixed, but I don't. 

@Cgray1978 wrote:

Yes I’m not an idiot. But Roku offers the download, and it should be advertised as “all functions may not work with the Roku app” from the download screen.

0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It looks like they added video support finally I can watch Joe Rogan with video is anyone else able to? 

But it freezes occasionally and eventually goes back to home screen so its not perfected.

0 Kudos
Lakers33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. Can (sort of) play JRE videos now. It seems to always freeze at 2 minutes in. Then it crashes my RokuTV (happens on both my TCLs). Maybe just requires too much memory? While this is quite annoying, at least there is finally headway.

Doesn't play perfect the rest of the way through, and dont even think about FF or rewinding. Best to not even touch the remote, or else you may have to power cycle your TV and start again. There's still plenty of work they need to do.

0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It could be a memory issue but since it consistently freezes after so many minutes (for me its about 7min 30 secs in) it makes me think Spotify is going to sleep or something like that some background process dunno. And Im on a philips roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Josh1.

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart.
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel. 

You can reach Spotify support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/ 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I posted the issue in Spotify's support site no one apparently had posted the issue yet. Hopefully they'll notice but if a Roku employee reported this directly to Spotify it may speed things up and save alot of headaches.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Josh1,

Thanks for the follow-up and we appreciate your patience with this matter!

If you're still experiencing an issue, try to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
pdavis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku-mary,
that's bull**bleep**. we-the customers- have addressed this for OVER A YEAR, and you-Roku company- respond with the SAME UNSUCCESSFUL suggestion. NO, it's NOT our TVs. NO, SPOTIFY WILL NOT return any of our messages. You **bleep**ers are the ones that we- the customers- are paying for service, to which you'd have us do your maintenance work..? It's ROKU's platform. ROKU can call SPOTIFY to fix this.

yall are useless,
P.Davis

0 Kudos