Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdavis
Reel Rookie

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

I agree. I posted the same idea.

0 Kudos
Spalunkin

Jump to solution

Do you think the age of my roku player would affect video playback?  I have a roku 3.  Or do all roku's have same capabilities in that regard?  I understand newer roku players have better wifi connection, sd card and some other stuff.  Joe Rogan posted to his stories on instagram I believe on thursday that we can now watch JRE on spotify app on Roku.  Not sure if there was a date set to it.  Just tried it.  Did not work.  Did the delete the app, reboot roku and reinstall app and still no good.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Spalunkin

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kblanchard

Jump to solution

Ditto! I saw the same Instagram post & still cannot watch Video on Roku

Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I tried posting the problem to spotify help forums as directed by a an official roku mod in here and they just moved my post to some obscure section and have received no replies not surprising since everyone at spotify is full on woke and hates Joe Rogan.

I don't have an instagram and I don't want one is possible for someone to message Joe or something? Or even Jamie?

0 Kudos
Lakers33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

you funny. even if i knew Joe & Jamie personally, i wouldn't mention this. they've got no control over it. just gonna take someone from roku / spotify programming team to see these posts and make it a priority. 

it seems to be getting better, but still cant pause or scan w/o total system failure. roku just released OS 10.5 to my TCL TV. maybe that'll help. just seems like a memory management issue. netflix & youtube work great... no reason Spotify shouldn't be able to as well. may just take paying someone thats more experienced with video streaming. i'm a programmer, but thats not my field. apparently, its not an easy thing to do well.

0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I figured it was a memory issue too. Idk exactly how instagram works i figured u can leave comments on ppls posts and since everyone is going on about Rogan posting a vid of Spotify on roku playing video, that should be getting bombarded by negative comments explaining its broken. If Joe made a fuss about it spotify would get right on it. Its just a pipe dream 🤷‍♂️

It took a year for spotify to add video it'll probably be another year till they get it right.

0 Kudos
Clarityssd

Jump to solution

I deleted and reinstalled just now works with video. 

0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yea and how long until it froze?

0 Kudos
cdombrosky

Jump to solution

I'm on a Roku Express+ (Model 3910RW) with current Software* and a re-installed channel and it appears that Spotify still has not enabled video. It's not that there's a problem with playback, the function to play video at all just isn't there.

(*10.5.0 build 4208-51, today is 2/3/22)

0 Kudos