Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frank556
Level 7

Does all channels are available for all locations?

Hi, new in the Roku family. Already my second post, and oh!, by the way, forgive me for my bad english...Not my first language.. 

Here is my question: Like i said i just started with Roku world. I used to play with all the Android devices, Amazon devices too, but Roku, not at all. I discovered alot of difference so far. Like the Roku store. There are some channels that i have used with my other devices that i can't find anywhere. I also find that it is not possible to sideload apk or channels on a Roku OS other than those available on the Roku store, right?. I watched alot of tutorials on youtube mentioning what were the best channels to use with Roku. For example, Pluto, or Sling just to mention 2, I looked

I checked on the list menu of the Roku, and they were nowhere to be found. Is it possible that the list of channels available differs from one country to an other?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Does all channels are available for all locations?

[post moved]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In addition, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

For more information regarding channel availability, please feel free to visit our support page Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos