Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texasuser
Level 7

Re: Spectrum app missing from home screen

Jump to solution

Spectrum TV app is gone from Roku for the near forseeable future.  Guess I'm going to order an AppleTV since they don't have any issues with Spectrum licensing.

0 Kudos
mb61
Level 7

Add Spectrum TV

Jump to solution

I cannot find the Spectrum TV when searching streaming channels on my SE Romulo.  I find Spectrum Radio but not TV.  We have Spectrum as our internet provider and TV.

How do I resolve?

Thanks

0 Kudos
bpeaden
Level 7

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

Plan B.  I have eight TVs and all are Roku-capable.  I refuse to "rent" eight Spectrum boxes at $6.99/each so I suppose my option is to dump Sepctrum altogether and check out YouTube TV and just purchase Spectrum's internet.  My monthly bill will be about $10 cheaper if I select the same services from YouTube.  Downside is I can only have 3 of my devices watching content simultaneously.  The upside is I can watch ANY channel on ANY device (such as my iphone) -- Spectrum often blocks good channels on my iphone Spectrum app when I'm away from home; which is very frustrating if it's an NFL game.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Add Spectrum TV

Jump to solution

You can't until Roku and Spectrum work out their differences.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rsierra
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am just curious, is this a new television? I am looking to purchase one and find out if the app will be installed already, or do I have to download it? I am aware it's no longer available, just curious if it defaults out of the box. 

0 Kudos
texasuser
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's not default out of the box...at least for the new TVs that we have.

0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Level 9

Jump to solution

Supposedly you can use Airplay to sling it from your phone / iPad but I tried it and it’s **bleep**. Works only with certain channels. Bummer. It was the main reason I went with Roku in tv and streaming device of choice. Been disappointed with Roku more and more these days. 

0 Kudos
Geojeff
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm so unhappy.   I only got Roku so I can watch cable in rooms I can't run cable to.  It is the only app for which I use Roku.   If they don't support Spectrum.   I don't need the Roku and I'm stuck with two Roku units I no longer need.  Not to mention not needing Spectrum either.  Bad move Roku.   Everything else you provide is built into my TV.  Goodbye Roku.  

0 Kudos
Geojeff
Level 8

Re: Spectrum TV

Jump to solution

Fully agree.  I'll be getting rid of both services.   I have a smart TV so I can get everything Roku prodes through it.  And will cancel cable TV and do any other streaming services.  I have rooms I can't run cable to and this app solved that.  Very angry.   Goodbye Roku.  Goodbye Spectrum. 

0 Kudos
Rob4624
Level 8

Jump to solution

I would try and return them.  I bought a Roku stick for a Christmas gift, and after this ordeal, my friend did not want it, so I returned it to Roku.  

0 Kudos