Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelaGust

Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

Jump to solution

Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't develop or offer channels for other services. They created and maintain The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. For any other service, it's up to that service to decide to develop and provide such a channel (app). So you'd have to ask Dish if they have any such plans. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't develop or offer channels for other services. They created and maintain The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. For any other service, it's up to that service to decide to develop and provide such a channel (app). So you'd have to ask Dish if they have any such plans. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Dan12

Anyone know how to add Dish Now app?

Jump to solution

I have Dish Network satellite. Can I add the Dish Anywhere app or channel to Roku Express, in order to watch Dish network remotely? Thank you 

atc98092

Re: Anyone know how to add Dish Now app?

Jump to solution

@Dan12 wrote:

I have Dish Network satellite. Can I add the Dish Anywhere app or channel to Roku Express, in order to watch Dish network remotely? Thank you 

I just did a search in the Roku Channel Store and I can find no such channel. I searched for dish, dish network, satellite and anywhere. Nothing came back. There doesn't seem to be any such channel for Roku devices. So I did a search for Dish Anywhere, and I see it is a website and a Android/iOS app that offers at least some of the web site's functionality. But there's no app for a Roku, and the Android app may or may not work on a Fire TV. According to the Google Play Store it does work on my Shield players.  

Dan

0 Kudos
fritotec

Jump to solution

I have looked into this and judging by the dates of the questions most people already know that the app is on the fire stick from amazon and fire tv's. I am in the process of replacing the roko's I have (6) with the fire stick. there is no plans to offer dish on roko. guess amazon must have made a contract deal. dish works great on the fire stick and I take it camping with me.

PITTLW

Jump to solution

Dish now claims it will work with the ROKU, but I haven't found out what that entails.

Nothing on ROKU yet, and no instructions on how to do it on the dish website, there is a special page for streaming on other devices right now.  I tried to get into to chat but it said no agents available.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I found some instructions on this page but they might not be what you were hoping for. ie:

• Option 1: Use your DISH credentials to sign in to apps created by your favorite television networks.
  • Option 2: Open the DISH Anywhere mobile app and use the Cast feature to view on TV using your Roku.
atc98092

Jump to solution

@PITTLW wrote:

Dish now claims it will work with the ROKU, but I haven't found out what that entails.

Just a guess of my part (I dropped Dish more than a decade ago), but I believe they offer a DLNA server to allow playing any recorded program on other devices. Roku has a DLNA player called Roku Media Player. As long as the Dish player outputs the recorded media in the correct format, you would be able to play it on a Roku. But there's still no channel in the Roku channel store to permit operating as another Dish receiver. 

Dan

0 Kudos