Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

Jump to solution

Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't develop or offer channels for other services. They created and maintain The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. For any other service, it's up to that service to decide to develop and provide such a channel (app). So you'd have to ask Dish if they have any such plans. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Does Roku have plans to add Dish Anywhere channel?

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't develop or offer channels for other services. They created and maintain The Roku Channel and the Roku Media Player. For any other service, it's up to that service to decide to develop and provide such a channel (app). So you'd have to ask Dish if they have any such plans. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Anyone know how to add Dish Now app?

Jump to solution

I have Dish Network satellite. Can I add the Dish Anywhere app or channel to Roku Express, in order to watch Dish network remotely? Thank you 

0 Kudos
Level 21

Re: Anyone know how to add Dish Now app?

Jump to solution

@Dan12 wrote:

I have Dish Network satellite. Can I add the Dish Anywhere app or channel to Roku Express, in order to watch Dish network remotely? Thank you 

I just did a search in the Roku Channel Store and I can find no such channel. I searched for dish, dish network, satellite and anywhere. Nothing came back. There doesn't seem to be any such channel for Roku devices. So I did a search for Dish Anywhere, and I see it is a website and a Android/iOS app that offers at least some of the web site's functionality. But there's no app for a Roku, and the Android app may or may not work on a Fire TV. According to the Google Play Store it does work on my Shield players.  

Dan
0 Kudos