Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walterbyrd
Level 8

Does Roksbox channel actually work?

They want $4 for the dropbox channel. Seems reasonable, if it works.

Seems like I would be buying a pig in a poke. They don't seem to have any sort of free version, or free trial, or money back offer. If it doesn't work, I suppose I have just thrown my money away.

I notice Roksbox has a poor customer rating. Not exactly confidence inspiring.I can find no way to contact the company, which is also disquieting.

I suppose I'm supposed to just throw money at these channels and hope for the best.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Does Roksbox channel actually work?

What exactly are you looking to do? If you want to stream your local media, the Roku Media Player (free) works with all DLNA sources. How your media is presented is dependent on the DLNA server. Some offer more options than others. 
I went to the RoxBox home page with two different browsers, and nothing but the menu on the left of the screen appears. Not a positive sign of their support. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

I go here on my phone:
http://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home/index.php

And get all kinds of info in their homepage..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I just tried their web page again, and this time it worked. Don't know what happened yesterday...  :roll:
Now that I can see their page, I notice they say they support 720 and 1080. That seems strange, not listing SD or UHD. But I do see support for more than just UPnP/DLNA, so I can see the benefit for some users. But for my local media, I'm satisfied with the Roku Media Player. I have my doubts that Roxsbox can overcome the only issues I have with a Roku, i.e. lossless audio and image based captions.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
walterbyrd
Level 8

I would like be able to put videos in dropbox, and play those videos on my roku, even when my computer is not on.

Couchy.tv used to do this, but not anymore. I guess they are out of business.
0 Kudos