Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upstate518

Doc Martin-all episodes are not free anymore

Roku had listed all episodes of Doc Martin as being free until I had watched season 1 through season 2, episode 8.  Now it says all episodes are available by subscribing to Acorn at $5.99 a month.  That smells like a bait and switch Roku.  That only  certain episodes could be accessed for free should have been posted.  This Stinks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Doc Martin-all episodes are not free anymore

What channel app were you using to view the first two seasons of Doc Martin?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rebecca12

The exact same thing happened to me. I'm fairly new to Roku and am wondering if that's going to happen with other series that I start....?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Rebecca12 

What app are you using? I'm seeing 16 different apps that carry season 1-5, 17 apps that carry season 6, seven that carry season 7, and five that carry season 8. Some services are free for seasons 1-6 and some are not.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

I am an Acorn subscriber and as of today, December 28, 2023, it states that the program has expired. Both my Roku and Acorn subscriptions are up-to-date, so I'm disappointed. Doc Martin is our family's go-to for entertaining my elderly mother with whom I give care. I am also a Britbox subscriber, which sadly, doesn't carry Doc Martin. You can see Doc Martin series 1-6 on Tubi, but not the entire series. Does anybody know why this has happened? I think I pay enough extras not to be swindled by the cable companies that provide me with internet only.

Strega2
Roku Guru

I don’t know what you mean by a Roku subscription, and I’m not an Acorn user, but if you’re looking for perpetual access to a specific TV series, you may want to consider Blu-Rays and DVDs.  Also, some DVRs from satellite and cable companies not only have hundreds of hours of internal storage, but also allow you to add as many external drives as you like.  On the other hand, many, possibly most, streaming services run pretty much the way conventional TV has always been run, where individual programs come and go.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos