Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlscott08
Level 7

Display A Google Calendar

I want to display my Google Calendar on my tv through Roku.  They have an app called CalendarStream, but they have gone out of business.  Anybody have any other suggestions or know if they are going to add a new app?  I would hate to have to spend the money to switch to Amazon Fire Stick..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Display A Google Calendar

@Rlscott08 wrote:

I want to display my Google Calendar on my tv through Roku.  They have an app called CalendarStream, but they have gone out of business.  Anybody have any other suggestions or know if they are going to add a new app?  I would hate to have to spend the money to switch to Amazon Fire Stick..

If the app doesn't recognize Roku for mirroring, then rather than a Firestick, look into a Chromecast (I'd suggest the newer one with Google TV) and call the calendar up in a Chrome browser, then cast it to the Chromecast.

Note that my Chrome browser will allow me to cast to Roku, so you should be able to access calendar through the browser and use your current hardware.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos