Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Disney+ thru Roku -- can I use it on other devices?

I bought the Disney+ channel through Roku. I want to access the channel on my computer and can't seem to do it. 

Do I have to cancel my Roku subscription and get it directly from Disney? I tried to put my password in, but no luck. When I called Disney, they didn't have my account so I guess Roku buys it directly. Thinking that I have to cancel Roku subscription and get it from Disney.

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 19

Re: Disney+ thru Roku -- can I use it on other devices?

@sjrosenberg wrote:

I bought the Disney+ channel through Roku. I want to access the channel on my computer and can't seem to do it. 

Do I have to cancel my Roku subscription and get it directly from Disney? I tried to put my password in, but no luck. When I called Disney, they didn't have my account so I guess Roku buys it directly. Thinking that I have to cancel Roku subscription and get it from Disney.

Any suggestions? 

You have it figured out (bolded text above).

When you subscribe to a paid premium service through a third party agent (Roku, Hulu, Prime Video, satellite/cable provider, etc.) you typically are limited to viewing that service via the third party through which you subscribed.  In Roku's case, with few exceptions, that means accessing the subscribed service via the Roku Channel on your Roku device.

If you want to view on all the types of devices supported by that service,  you typically must subscribe directly with the service on their website

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos