Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jdahll
Level 8

Disney+ subtitles / closed captions

Has anyone been able to find and/or successfully enable subtitles /closed captions on the Disney+ app?
I'm on a fully updated Roku Ultra (2018).

I find instructions for all other platforms on Disney's help site, but not Roku.

Currently waiting in a help queue with Disney that might not be serviced for days.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jdahll
Level 8

Re: Disney+ subtitles / closed captions

Found my own answer, it was two parts.
1.Press the * button on the remote while playing content, there you can set closed captions on.

2. Give it 20 - 30 minutes and they *might* start at some random point into the movie /show. I suspect (hope) this is just launch-day issues and will get better as things settle down.
Highlighted
Seneca
Level 7

Re: Disney+ subtitles / closed captions

Thank you! When I downloaded the new Disney app my cc was coming up in German. Your suggestion helped me fix it in seconds!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
shechrissy
Level 7

Closed Captioning won't turn off while watching Disney +

On my Roku Express, the Disney+ app works but for some reason, there are automatic subtitles on every movie. There is no option to turn them off while watching the title. Already tried hitting the * button to turn them off, and checked for updates for my Roku and the Disney+ channel. Contacted Disney+, and they said the problem is on Roku's end. Any ideas?