Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
knl
Level 7

Disney+ shows up on internet but wont show up on streaming channels on tv

The Disney+ app shows up on my streaming channels when I look on my roku ONLINE but it does not show up anywhere on the tv for me to download.

YES I have a compatible roku, that is not the issue.

It shows Disney+ as a roku "theme" on my background but wont let me find the channel when I search for it.  Which is bizarre if it wont let me download it as a streaming channel but shows up as a background theme?

I have RESET and restarted my roku several times and still have not had luck.  Which is quite annoying because I then have to re-enter all my subscription information for each subscription that I have.  Please do not tell me to call Disney+, I do not see how Disney+ will be able to help me as I feel like it is a roku issue.  

Who do I contact to fix this?

11 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Disney+ shows up on internet but wont show up on streaming channels on tv

Name the model number of roku, go to settings> system> about

If you don't have 9.2, you are not getting Disney + on your roku, sorry. And the theme in the background has nothing to do with your roku eligibility to get the channel.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
yolandas
Level 7

Why is disney + not showing up on one of my tvs? It shows up on the other 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

@yolandas wrote:

Why is disney + not showing up on one of my tvs? It shows up on the other 3

Disney+ is only supported on some Roku devices. Disney has a list of supported and unsupported players, but it's poorly written is doesn't list everything. 

But the fact you have it on some devices but not others is a pretty good indication it's not supported on that device. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to get it on an unsupported device except complain to Disney. They are the only ones that can control which devices are supported. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beme4916
Level 7

Same thing here. I see the Disney + in the channel store, but when I try and load it, the error message is “could not add Disney +.

My software version is 9.2.0

i have reset, factory reset, checked the network connection. Nothing works

Help me, just want  to watch Baby Yoda!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

@Beme4916 wrote:

Same thing here. I see the Disney + in the channel store, but when I try and load it, the error message is “could not add Disney +.

@Beme4916 wrote:

What exact Roku model do you have? Model number, not its name, please. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beme4916
Level 7

TLC model 65R613
Roku TV 7131X
Software version 9.2.0
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

@Beme4916 wrote:
TLC model 65R613
Roku TV 7131X
Software version 9.2.0

According to the Disney support page, all Roku TVs are supposed to be supported. For some people with supposedly supported devices that were experiencing a problem like yours, a factory reset allowed the channel to be installed and used. I hate to recommend such a drastic measure, but it might be the only way to make it work. Naturally, there's been a few that said it didn't help them, just so you know. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beme4916
Level 7

I have done that 4 times. No luck. Any other suggestions??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

I'm afraid not. It's something Disney is going to have to work out. It's unlikely Roku can do anything about it. Something like this falls into the developer's area. 

Dan
0 Kudos