Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus not found in the menu

Why cant i find disney plus in the menu and no search option either I subscribe for one year but bought roku to use it i am in united arab of emirates and disney plus just launched here officially so why it is not within the menu ? Please can you help or i will return the device

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney plus not found in the menu

@Samihatahet 

Roku is only sold and supported in 17 regions. Yours is not one of them.

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • United Kingdom
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

That's it. Roku device cannot be purchased through official channels anywhere else.

As for app availability, Roku leaves that up to the developer. Netflix, for instance, is available in your area. That's because Netflix decided to support a Roku app there. Disney+ is not. That's because Disney decided to not support a Roku app there. If Disney makes it available, it will appear in the Channel Store there. But it's Disney's decision.

By the way, you'll find most services do like Disney, not like Netflix. Most will not support an app where the device itself is not supported.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

In that case is it possible to to return my roku device because i dont think it is working properly especially i needed to use my disney subscription on it and also the channels provided are not interesting and there is no search option to find other channels

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Samihatahet 

I would expect that you would need to return it to wherever you purchased it from.

Now perhaps someone from Roku could offer more, but the fact is, Roku isn't sold in your region, and is officially unsupported. They may tell you the same thing. They'll pretty it all up, but unless Roku itself shipped it to you in error (indicating they would need to correct that error and take it back directly) then you probably need to return it to whichever unofficial channel you purchased it. They would need to confirm that.

@RokuDanny-R @RokuMary-F @RokuKariza-D 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@Samihatahet wrote:

In that case is it possible to to return my roku device because i dont think it is working properly especially i needed to use my disney subscription on it and also the channels provided are not interesting and there is no search option to find other channels

That depends on the return policy of wherever you purchased the Roku.  Did you purchase it at a local merchant?  Did you order it from an online retailer?

In other words, how exactly did you get / buy your Roku?