Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShotgunGabe
Level 7

Disney paid for on Roku TV can't stream on other devices in home

Jump to solution

So I paid for Disney and I'm able to watch it on my Roku TV.

I can't watch it on any other device it asked me to pay for a subscription.

so if I pay for Disney on Roku TV am I not able to stream it on other TVs that have the Disney app?

I'm about ready to take this TV back and return it I can't even get a hold of anybody in customer service, Roku is junk in my opinion

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney paid for on Roku TV can't stream on other devices in home

Jump to solution

@ShotgunGabe

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you subscribed to a channel through Roku Pay, then you will only be able to access that content on your Roku devices that are linked to your Roku account.

If you wish to access content on a channel on all devices (including non Roku devices), we would recommend subscribing through the channel provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ShotgunGabe

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you subscribed to a channel through Roku Pay, then you will only be able to access that content on your Roku devices that are linked to your Roku account.

If you wish to access content on a channel on all devices (including non Roku devices), we would recommend subscribing through the channel provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

That's the way it works when you subscribe to a premium channel through a third party like Roku, Firestick, etc.  Had you subscribed through any other platform, you'd only be able to view it on that platform.  A third party subscription is with that third party, not with the channel directly, so your third party credentials are not valid on any other platform.

As @RokuDanny-R already mentioned, if you intend to view on more than one platform, subscribe directly with the channel on its website.  You'll then be able to use that channel's app on any platform supported by the channel. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos