Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjgiam
Level 8

Disney+ on TCL Roku TV gives error 401

Suddenly, in the middle of a movie on my TCL Roku TV, screen goes blank, & pops an error window:

status 401 reason: unexpected error. Click the OK button & it goes back to the menu.

Restarted both Roku & Disney+, was no help, same error

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
Rwd76
Level 7

Re: Disney+ on TCL Roku TV gives error 401

I'm getting the same error

JPowers
Level 8

I'm experiencing this error on start up / load page. Doesn't even make it to profiles or app at all. 

Zachmatts27
Level 7

Same here but it works on my phone 

0 Kudos
BigChunk
Level 7

I’ve got the same error as well. Disney plus works on my other devices on the same network.

0 Kudos
BigChunk
Level 7

Also I deleted the channel and reinstalled it. Still shows same error. 

0 Kudos
mrcooger
Level 7

Same thing here, tried to reinstall Disney+ to no avail.  Also rebooted Roku, nothing.

0 Kudos
Zachmatts27
Level 7

Don't know if it helps but I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app the rebooted the Roku and when I still got the code I let it sit on the screen for a min or two then hit the back button on the remote and then signed on and it worked

0 Kudos
JPowers
Level 8

My version of roku does not give the option to uninstall? I tried doing it both ways, through streams and home. No worky

0 Kudos
KhumarC
Level 7

Did you fix it? And if so how? I’m having the same problem 

0 Kudos