Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADufresne
Level 7

Disney+ not working

Disney+ has recently stopped working.  To be clear, it used to work fine, and now does not.  When I try to access the app I get the message:

"ERROR - Sorry something went wrong.  Please try again later."

I have deleted the app and re-installed it, but that did not fix it.  I have deleted the app, done a system restart, and re-installed the app, but got the same error message.

Any and all help is appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disney+ not working

Hey @ADufresne

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Disney+? If so, we would recommend reaching out to Disney+ Support to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_index

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
ADufresne
Level 7

Re: Disney+ not working

Thanks for responding, and great question.  After checking all the apps, I've found that ESPN+ doesn't work either.  When I try to open it I just get a box to click on that says "OKAY."  Literally, that's it, nothing more.  When I click the box it kicks me out of ESPN.

So, thinking about this I realized that these problems (Disney+ and ESPN+ not working) started probably when I changed my Hulu account status.  I had the Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ package but then upgraded to get live TV.  It was shortly after making that change that I noticed the issues with Disney but didn't really make note of it at the time.  Hulu still works fine, by the way.

I assume that any recommendations are the same as previously mentioned; contact Disney+ Support.  I'll go ahead and do that but if there are any other recommendations please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
bjnelson
Level 7

Re: Disney+ not working same issue

Did you get a resolution? I am having very similar issue with similar circumstances.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bjnelson

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channel, restarting the device, and then adding the channel back again to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ADufresne
Level 7

I have a possible resolution that I haven't had time to chase down this week.  So currently I am unable to access Disney through my TV/Roku, on my computer, or on my phone while I'm on WiFi.  After speaking with Hulu and Disney, the Disney support person I spoke to asked me to try accessing Disney through my phone while using data.  That worked.  That leads me to believe it's actually a WiFi/internet issue.  Just haven't had the likely 2+ hours it will take to talk to somebody with XFinity to chase this down.

So maybe try the same thing and see if that works for you?

0 Kudos