Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Disney+ not in Roku search results for Marvel movies

Jump to solution

The Disney+ channel is not in the Roku search results for Marvel movies even though the movie is available to play in Disney+. There’s no issue for other Disney franchises like Pixar and Star Wars.  To recreate the issue perform a search for Doctor Strange or any Marvel movie available on Disney+.  Do the same for any Disney+ movie not in the Marvel franchise such as Cars.

I have a subscription to the Disney+ channel and the channel is on my Roku Ultra.

This is a minor issue for me since I know that Disney owns the Marvel Universe.  I’m wondering why this occurs, i.e, is this due to contractual obligations or is it a technical glitch?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ not in Roku search results for Marvel movies

Jump to solution

I believe the issue is with Disney.

When I search for “Marvel Studios” the result is a list of Marvel movie titles prefixed with “Marvel Studios’ “.  So Doctor Strange is listed as Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange.

The prefix causes the Disney+ entries to appear lower in the search result list such as for Doctor Strange or way down the list if searching for Avengers.  The biggest issue is when selecting the Superhero Movies & TV Zone category from a “Marvel movies” search.  The category does not include Disney+ because their titles do not match what Roku uses.

I’ll contact Disney+.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Disney+ not in Roku search results for Marvel movies

Jump to solution

I believe the issue is with Disney.

When I search for “Marvel Studios” the result is a list of Marvel movie titles prefixed with “Marvel Studios’ “.  So Doctor Strange is listed as Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange.

The prefix causes the Disney+ entries to appear lower in the search result list such as for Doctor Strange or way down the list if searching for Avengers.  The biggest issue is when selecting the Superhero Movies & TV Zone category from a “Marvel movies” search.  The category does not include Disney+ because their titles do not match what Roku uses.

I’ll contact Disney+.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos