Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Disney+ not displaying UltraHD & HDR even though I have proper Roku device

Jump to solution

@Geekmeister wrote:

I have to wonder if this really fixes the issue, though.  I've done the same thing and, though the TV now shows that it is receiving 4K from the Roku, I'm wondering if the Roku is still just getting 1080p from D+ and upscaling it.

On the FireTV D+ app, it specifically says that UHD is available.  On the Roku channel, it only lists HD, even if the Roku is forced to 4K.

When I force my Ultra to 4K/60 (not using Auto) I can verify that I'm getting 4K HDR to the display from Disney+. My AVR reports the resolution it is passing through, and the TV is reporting HDR. Now could Disney only sending a 1080 HDR video? I doubt they have such a combination, and the Roku might upscale but it can't simulate HDR. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@hstein27 wrote:

I think it's upscaling. Play an old X-men cartoon and your display will report 4k 24hz. It's obviously not a 4k show. I never see 4k on the program description. 

Yes, every Roku will upscale anything that isn't at the same resolution that it is set to. Unfortunately there's no way to disable upscaling. But that's the same with a 1080 Roku playing SD material. Still upscaled, even though the display might be better at performing the upscaling. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
LlamaTaboot
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do you have a non-HDR 4k UHD TV?

0 Kudos
Geekmeister
Level 7

Jump to solution

My TV is a non-HDR 4K set.

0 Kudos
Bigj011p
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution
The funny thing is on my Galaxy S9+ it shows only HD for all the content and on my Roku as well
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

@Bigj011p wrote:
The funny thing is on my Galaxy S9+ it shows only HD for all the content and on my Roku as well

I'm getting 4K/HDR on D+ with my Ultra. That's the only Roku I have on a 4K set that I've logged into D+ on. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Crayz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm also having the same issue with my Roku Ultra where I can't get UHD content.

I can use my Ultra to play 4K content from Amazon Prime and Netflix.  When I try it with Disney plus, I can only get HD 5.1.

It's definitely an issue with the Roku Ultra player.

0 Kudos
Dlock09
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, this worked! On 2019 Vizio M-Series, enabled what they call "Full UHD" on the HDMI port. (Enables 4K HDR 60Hz support) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Crayz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I do not have a Vizio M-series.  Mine is the following:

VIZIO PSeries 65 Class 6412 Diag LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV Black
MODEL: P652UI-B2
0 Kudos
GARoss
Level 8

Jump to solution

Our Roku Ultra is set-up for an LG 4k OLED set which is Dolby Vision/HDR compatible (our Roku Ultra isn't Dolby Vision compatible but is HDR).

Roku / Settings "Display" was set to "AUTO" meaning that the video source determined how the video was output to the LG display, then LG upconverted to the displays native 4k. The funny thing is in our entertainment setup every HDMI cable is plugged into the receiver then output via HDMI to the LG. When the LG was power on, the receiver power on (as it should) and one of the other component was automatically turning itself on, too (as it shouldn't). This component (UHD Blu-ray player) has a screensaver that is 1080p video. All of this happens before I could switch the receiver's video source to Roku. So, Roku detected the previous 1080p screensaver and no matter what video I selected (480, 720, 1080 or 2160 (4k)) to view the Roku locked it self into that screensaver's 1080p video. That was the problem. Even changing Roku display setting from "AUTO" to locking it "4k@60/HDR" wouldn't prevent this. The way I fix the issue was to plug Roku HDMI output cable into a different HDMI on the LG set.

Now everything is displayed as it should. 4k HDR & Atmos all are working fine, too. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos