Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Disney+ not displaying UltraHD & HDR even though I have proper Roku device

Jump to solution

@Dlock09 wrote:
Having the same issue. The Disney+ app works for some titles but trying to play 4k or HDR content (ie: The Mandalorian or Moana) results in an error screen reading: "Protected content license error." I've reached out to Disney+ help and am awaiting a response due to their significant ticket volume from all the go-live issues. Any help or input from Roku is much appreciated!

I can understand your frustration, but unfortunately I doubt Roku can offer anything to help. It sounds like Disney didn't test all aspects of the apps, as I hear just as many problems in the Shield forums as I do about Roku issues. Disney has to make some fixes to their apps, and quick.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Isidorius
Level 7

Re: Does Disney+ on Roku (Ultra) support 4K playback WITHOUT HDR?

Jump to solution

@atc98092  So far, with my Roku manually set to 4K @ 60, it's putting out a 4K signal (according to my TV), but unfortunately this isn't convincing the Disney+ app to allow me to see 4K streams.  It's still only offering up HD streams.  So frustrating.

0 Kudos
MikeG
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  I've set my Roku to 4K HDR 60 Hz but am unable to get any 4K content from Disney content listed as being 4K (e.g. the original Star Wars movies).  I've tried the movies under the Disney Plus category of UltraHD & HDR.  All I'm getting is the standard HD format (nothing in 4K).  I've sent an email to Disney describing this problem.  Disney says that they detect 4K automatically, so it sounds like more of an issue with Roku and Disney.  I can stream 4K movies on Netflix using my Roku with no problem.

0 Kudos
Southmad
Level 7

Re: Disney+ HDR issue (Roku Ultra 4660x)

Jump to solution
I changed the HDMI cable today and nothing changed. Very anoying that in the same TV Chromecast Ultra streams great without any issue and Roku does not.

@RokuTannerD this is not a content or ISP issue as other devices works fine. Only Roku Ultra 4660x is not and only in Disney+ Channel. Hulu and Netflix had never any issues on streaming HDR in the same device.
0 Kudos
KNGP1N
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere image quality on Disney+

Jump to solution

Is it blocky like mine? To me it looks like they are compressing the **bleep** out of the stream when their bandwidth drops; it's horrible and unwatchable. 

I get 400mb down so it's not on my end. I've got the ultra 4660 2018 model and have the same issue (Banding and Macroblocking compression artifacts (easily seen with big blocks especially with smoke, mist, etc...) but it's intermittent. Seems like when I get a good stream I can rewind and fast forward with no issues, but If I jump to another title or in and out of the same title it comes back. I thought changing the sampling would help by moving down from 4:2:2 to 4:2:0 , but it didn't seem to help and so I moved it back.  

0 Kudos
Southmad
Level 7

Jump to solution
Fixed. Just selected 4K HDR 60hz + 4.2.2 + Disable auto select speed.
0 Kudos
Southmad
Level 7

Jump to solution
Fixed. Just selected 4K HDR 60hz + 4.2.2 + Disable auto select speed.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jcm2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I Have tried every combination with roku premiere plus even in advanced display mode can't get 4k nothing works to get 4k  on disney plus changed every display type every refresh auto off every 4:2:0 4:2:2 setting. I think Disney marries 4k with hdr if your tv is 4k with no hdr I don't think it will work. 

0 Kudos
Geekmeister
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here.  I have this problem with a Roku Ultra.  It works fine with the Fire TV 4K.  I just would prefer the Roku if the UHD issue gets resolved.

0 Kudos
Isidorius
Level 7

Re: Does Disney+ on Roku (Ultra) support 4K playback WITHOUT HDR?

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD , I have yet to hear back from Disney support on this issue.  I'm looking for ANYONE to give me their experience with 4K playback on a non-HDR set.  I simply need to know if it's supposed to work, or not.  No combination of settings I can change on my end makes anything other than standard HD streams available.

Can't anyone at Roku tell me whether or not it SHOULD work?  Or not?

0 Kudos