Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ not displaying UltraHD & HDR even though I have proper Roku device

Jump to solution

We just got our 65" Roku TV and are having the same issue of being able to stream 4K with every other app, including the animated shows in Disney+, but the live action movies in Disney+ do not stream in 4k. I followed the instructions by going to settings, but then there is not a "display" option. There is a "TV picture setting" but that is the only thing close to the display. Ideas of what I am doing wrong? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@russ1990 Thanks for the note. As long as your Roku TV is 4K HDR/Dolby Vision capable, 4K HDR/Dolby Vision content will be available to stream on any content that offers this format in the Disney+ channel, as long as your network connection meets the minimum bandwidth/speed requirements. We'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ support directly for more information, or to report any issue you're seeing with content or playback. You can reach their support team here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_index

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense 4K tv (not HDR but is 4K at 60hz)

I’ve got the Roku Streaming Stick + and can get 4K on Netflix and Prime Video, but with Disney+ just HD.

I’ve changed from Auto Detect to forcing it at 4K 60hz, I’ve also enabled Auto-adjust display refresh rate, but can’t get 4K on Disney+ just HD. 

Any advice

Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@Boydy471 wrote:

I have a Hisense 4K tv (not HDR but is 4K at 60hz)

I’ve got the Roku Streaming Stick + and can get 4K on Netflix and Prime Video, but with Disney+ just HD.

I’ve changed from Auto Detect to forcing it at 4K 60hz, I’ve also enabled Auto-adjust display refresh rate, but can’t get 4K on Disney+ just HD. 

Any advice

Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

Just a guess, but since your TV isn't HDR, the D+ channel isn't providing 4K. I believe all of their 4K content is HDR. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The app says it’s available in 4K Ultra HD and HDR as a separate thing, so I should be able to get 4K

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

It may be labeled that way, but all I'm saying is that 4K and HDR might be tied together. Since I don't have a 4K display without HDR, I can't test it on my end. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos