Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disney Plus not loading, just a button that says 'OK'

I was also having this same issue, but it appears to have resolved itself today randomly. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kuhlmannl66

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm having the same issue as well. Have tried restarting, updating all softwares (Roku and Disney) and factory reset as well. Still ends with "ok" 

• Software version: 10.0.0
  • Build: 4209
  • Roku Express - Model 3930CA
  •  ID LC-433-733
0 Kudos
rhviewer
Reel Rookie

Update: I have another 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+ in the house that hasn't been used in awhile. It's currently running 10.0.0 build 4209. I tried viewing Disney+ and saw the dreaded "OK" button and was not able to view content.

I then tried updating this device to 10.5.0 and it said that there were no available updates, which was strange because I have the same model upstairs that did update. I noticed that while the Roku itself didn't update, it appeared that the Disney+ channel did its own update.

Tried viewing Disney+ again and everything worked perfectly fine and I was able to watch content. This seems to rule out that this is solely related to Disney+ account and/or IP address.

0 Kudos
carlapete

When we try to access Disney Plus (and only Disney Plus) a single 'OK' button pops up without explanation.  I have two Roku devices but this is information for 1.  We were able to access Disney Plus using this device until last week. Here is the requested information:

• Model: 3920RW
  • Serial #YH00CC199254
  • Device ID: JF30DC199254
  • Software 10.5.0
  • Issue ID 54-442-798

Your help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@carlapete, the one time I saw an OK button it was accompanied by text that said something to the effect that an update was available.  Try going to Settings->System->System update->Check now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Marc11
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue and after troubleshooting it for a while figured out the issue was my DNS. I had my home network DNS pointing to my office DNS server which is connected via a VPN. Changed it to Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 then made the all my Roku's reconnect to my network and it resolved the issue.

Not sure why the Disney Plus app does not like this all my other Roku apps like Netflix, Hulu all worked just fine it was only Disney and ESPN that had this issue.

chaggygirl

We've had luck with updating the channel- but as I type this- it doesn't seem to be working this time. Maybe it will work for you though!

0 Kudos
chaggygirl

Actually it just worked again- seems to work. Go to the options, then check for updates and update it- then it works.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Marc11 wrote:

I had the same issue and after troubleshooting it for a while figured out the issue was my DNS. I had my home network DNS pointing to my office DNS server which is connected via a VPN. Changed it to Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 then made the all my Roku's reconnect to my network and it resolved the issue.

Nice troubleshooting.  Thanks for reporting it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos