Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tellmeaboutit
Level 7

Disney+ no longer works and I can't troubleshoot

Jump to solution

The Disney+ app (version 1.15, build 2021080400) no longer works on my Roku Premiere+ 4630X S# YROOAT468001, software version 10.0.0, build 4209-29. I can open the app and choose a profile but it goes to a blank screen. If I use the back button sometimes the side menu shows up but that's it. 

I am not given the option to uninstall the app from the Roku. All I can do is move the channel, manage subscription, check for updates, give feedback and close the app. This is new as of about a month ago. When I check for updates it says it's updated. My Roku and TV are both updated and that has changed nothing on the Disney+ app. I know sometimes there is a lag when different things update but this is getting ridiculous. From all of my info does this look like a Roku issue or a Disney+ app issue? I can't get anyone from Disney+ to respond to me so I'm hoping someone here has some insight. 

Also, I am having the issue of hitting the back button to leave a program and it kicks me all the way to the Roku home screen. It doesn't matter which app I am using, it does this. I am able to uninstall all apps except Disney+. Am I going to have to uninstall then reinstall all apps to get this to stop? 

Thanks for any input you can provide. I've gone through the forum to find answers but no one seems to have my specific issue of not being able to troubleshoot by uninstalling the app to reinstall and seeing if that solves the problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ no longer works and I can't troubleshoot

Jump to solution

@Tellmeaboutit-

When attempting to remove a channel to which you have subscribed through Roku, the "Remove channel" menu item will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions".  Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel.  (Don't worry. You'll still have use of this channel for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Tellmeaboutit-

When attempting to remove a channel to which you have subscribed through Roku, the "Remove channel" menu item will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions".  Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel.  (Don't worry. You'll still have use of this channel for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tellmeaboutit
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks! That did the trick. I don't know why this stuff has to be so different for each app or each device. Now to solve the back button kicking me out of apps to the Roku home screen. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Tellmeaboutit-

In this case I believe they make you jump through this hoop to prevent people from just removing the channel expecting that this would end the subscription and then getting perplexed when they keep getting renewal charges.

0 Kudos