Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toady888
Reel Rookie

Disney + language changes in its own middle of an episode

Jump to solution

When playing Disney + on my roku the language changes on its own. I go to settings and its set in English, when it happens I can back out of the show and click on it again and it's back to English. Why does this keep happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney + language changes in its own middle of an episode

Jump to solution
Sounds like a question that would be best directed to Disney. It's their app, Roku just supplies the platform to run it on.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Sounds like a question that would be best directed to Disney. It's their app, Roku just supplies the platform to run it on.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Toady888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have asked the question to Disney as well. I should also mention it only happen on my roku device not on phone or tablet. 

0 Kudos
jnelson851
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It may be somewhat related; our Disney Plus account was compromised at the beginning of the year.  5+ devices seemed to be I'm Portuguese. 

I managed to take back the account, changed the email and password, and added a security code for the primary account.

I thought all was good, but it switched back to Portuguese again, but no other profiles added.  Account language was correct.  Even android was in Portuguese.   I had tried a while back to call Disney, but after an hour on hold I got disconnected. 

Today, my wife called Disney and it looked bleak.  The good news was, on the Roku for all 5 profiles,  the solution was this:

Go into each profile and play something.  While playing press the asterisk key.  Go to Accessibility and Captions, and the Audio Track parameter was on Portuguese.   Change to English in all my profiles, and we are good. 

It is a relief to have this fixed.

Going to my phone"s android app, and this fix corrected the language there as well.

It is good to arrive at a happy ending 😊 

Roku Streambar Pro 

#onn roku tv

#Roku Ultra

0 Kudos