Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Disney+ channel in Italy

Jump to solution

Hello,

today (24 March 2020), Disney+ start streaming in Italy, but when I tried to add the channel to my roku 3 it said "We're sorry. This channel is not available in your region.

How can I view Disney+ on my roku 3?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Disney+ channel in Italy

Jump to solution

@Mogimbo  Thanks for the note here. As @atc98092 mentioned, channel availability in each location on the Roku platform is determined by each channel/service provider directly.

At this time, Disney has not made the Disney+ channel available on the Roku platform in Italy. For more information, we'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Disney has complete control over what countries can use their service on a Roku device. It doesn't matter that they now offer their service in your country. They also have to configure their channel for Roku players to permit it to be installed in your country. Sometimes companies don't get around to it very quickly, unfortunately. 

Roku themselves have no control over this. Disney has sole control of their channel and where it is available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Mogimbo  Thanks for the note here. As @atc98092 mentioned, channel availability in each location on the Roku platform is determined by each channel/service provider directly.

At this time, Disney has not made the Disney+ channel available on the Roku platform in Italy. For more information, we'd recommend reaching out to Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have called the Disney supporto and opened a technical issue.

I'll update this thread in these days... Hoping they will solve quickly

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same problem for me in Spain.

Disney + support told me that roku app is fully available in all europe since 24th

Any update from Italy?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Pescao_volador  Thanks for reaching out! We apologize for any incorrect information you may have been given, but Disney+ has only released their channel (app) on the Roku platform in the US, CA, the UK and Ireland at this time. For any further news or information about the channel's availability, you'll want to follow up with Disney+ support again. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disney+ channel in Germany

Jump to solution

The Disney Plus channel is also available in Germany now.

But I can't install the appropriate Disney+ Player on my Roku Box.

I am really p****d!

Someone at ROKU and/or DISNEY is seriously sleeping here!

The content that is available for Disney+ in Europe is controlled by Disney. There should not be an additional limitation on the player!

WAKE UP AND GET THE ISSUE SOLVED! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@haukefast wrote:

The Disney Plus channel is also available in Germany now.

But I can't install the appropriate Disney+ Player on my Roku Box.

I am really p****d!

Someone at ROKU and/or DISNEY is seriously sleeping here!

The content that is available for Disney+ in Europe is controlled by Disney. There should not be an additional limitation on the player!

The problem is with Disney, not Roku. Only the channel developer, in this case Disney, can permit or deny channel access based on location. Disney isn't the only one guilty of rolling out service in a new country, but not authorizing Roku devices in the same country. But they are the ones who have to make the change. There's nothing Roku can do about it.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Then who the **bleep** at Disney is responsible for this decision?

Sending mails to Disney support is useless!

I want to know someone at Disney, who actually cares for their future customers, and who can fire the jerk who is preventing me to using the Disney+ player, and subsequently signing up with Disney+

On a second thought: Also Roku should know this person/division and being able to address the issue to Disney. as they have the right contact!

There are at least two people at sleep here: Roku AND Disney!

0 Kudos