Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Specina14

Disney app wont load

I have Disney plus app and have been using it and all of a sudden now it wont load to watch anything. Anyone else having the same issue? Plz help.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney app wont load

I don't currently have Disney installed so I can't check.

But when problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TuckerT003

Re: Disney app wont load need assistance

I've been using Disney plus on my old & new Roku devices, now suddenly as of the past few days, Disney plus app won't load. It starts to load then goes back to home screen.  WHY?!@!!  I have disappointed grandkids during a pandemic and I thought they would have fixed this.  It comes on on my computer but not my Roku!!!

0 Kudos
Julia68

Re: Disney app won't allow me to watch a movie

I tried the remove restart add and didn't fix it i am able to watch disney + on my phone with my wifi but when try to watch it on ruko tv i can get into the app and even able to open a profile and pick a movie and then it says an unexpected problem has been detected

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney app won't allow me to watch a movie

@Julia68

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried to remove, restart, and re-install the channel and are still experiencing an issue only on Disney+, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos