Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamonlove
Level 7

Disney+ Won’t play on Roku tv

My Disney plus won’t play on my roku keeps popping up a message, but everything else works fine please help !!!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Disney+ Won’t play on Roku tv

What does the popup message say?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Jamonlove
Level 7

“An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@Jamonlove wrote:

“An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected 

That message wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
KrisM
Level 9

Helped me - I had just re-subscribed to Disney+, watched Mando for a bit, got bored, watched Fineas and Ferb and after a minute or 2 got that message. got that same message trying to access anything on Disney+. Exited, pressed *, it did NOT offer me to remove, exited, went through system reset anyway, back into Disney+ - my list of stuff I had previously watched (just 3 items) was gone but when I clicked on Mando, it knew where I had left off and now played fine. Thanks. got bored and stopped to write this. Thanks!

Note, my previous connection had been from comcast to modem to router to Roku. This connection is from the building wifi signal to my WISP capable router, ethernet to Roku. Of course I was worried that it had a prob with its nature, but all is well. Thanks!

(edit: note: this is my old 4630X - darn thing just keeps working! Smiley Happy  )

Roku 4662X(4662RW), retired: Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos
KrisM
Level 9

Nope - need help - this keeps jamming on me. have to keep resetting Roku. How can I fix?

Roku 4662X(4662RW), retired: Roku 4630X.
0 Kudos
Nick12
Level 7

This does not work. There is no option to remove the disney+ app. I keep getting an error every time. Disney+ works fine on my PC though so there is no problem with my account. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nick12

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Li4_31
Level 7

#Mi Disney plus no me aparece en mi Roku TV @
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Li4_31,

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

For more information, you will want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos