Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gminnick
Level 7

Disney+ TV shows buffering/video issues

Disney+ TV shows The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki will have video issues like it is a buffering issue. Audio is fine but the video will stop for a second and speed up to catch up with audio. Movies do not have this issue. I have not tried any other TV shows. I am using a Roku Ultra 2020 model. Playing shows on iPad is fine. It is not a network issue or I would get same thing with movies. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ TV shows buffering/video issues

I've only watched the first episode of Loki, and that was a few weeks ago. But I don't think my 4800 has received an update in that time, so it should be the same. I had no playback issues myself, but others have reported issues with Disney+ on occasion. 

The first step when there's an issue with a single channel is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step, so not skip), then add the channel back. This will clear things up if the channel code was somehow corrupted. 

If you continue to have issues with specific titles, you'll need to contact Disney. They are responsible for the functionality of their channel, and might have a problem that they need to know about. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ TV shows buffering/video issues

@gminnick wrote:

Disney+ TV shows The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki will have video issues like it is a buffering issue. Audio is fine but the video will stop for a second and speed up to catch up with audio. Movies do not have this issue. I have not tried any other TV shows. I am using a Roku Ultra 2020 model. Playing shows on iPad is fine. It is not a network issue or I would get same thing with movies. 

You didnt mention your Roku firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

If you have an HDR-capable display, make sure you disable HDR Always on:   Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/HDR Always on=off

You should also disable audio transcoding:  Settings/Audio/HDMI=Auto passthrough

Also, try enabling framerate matching: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto adjust display refresh rate=enable

Finally, restart your Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos