Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disney+ TCL TV- Subtitles Won’t Turn Off

Jump to solution

Thank you your a life saver, going to the app on home screen and hightlighting/hitting the star and updating worked!!!!! THANKKKKKKKK YOUUUUU i was so annoyed with the subtitles 

0 Kudos
GinjaNinja

Jump to solution

I know this issue is a little old but I have a brand new Hisense Roku ultra 4d TV and I’m STILL having this issue only on Disney plus. The only thing that resolves it is doing a full system shutdown on the TV. It’s happened 3 times to me now in the star wars films (having a marathon this week) and every time I did a full shut down and restart on the TV, it has shut the captions off. But as far as being able to “restart” the apps on these roku tvs, there isn’t an option. Nor is there an option to shut the captions off for the app during a movie or show while it’s playing. To verify, I’m fully updated both tv and app, the captions are turned off on my Disney account and they are off on my tv as well. It’s just a bug for the app and the only way I can resolve it is to do a full shut down which I’m guessing shuts down/resets the apps on the tv as well. Hope this helps anyone still having issues!! And hopefully Disney will fix this issue soon 🙂 

0 Kudos
deerXing

Jump to solution

Press the * and the mute button (side of the TCL remote) at the same time. This toggles the subtitles on/off.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

this 100% worked!! thank you so much

0 Kudos
Boi

Jump to solution

While watching your show or move click the * button then u can see what u need to do from there.

0 Kudos
SetTrippin
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus TCL TV: Subtitles Won’t Turn Off

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. I thought I had a defective tv and had tried everything. Thanks 

0 Kudos
SetTrippin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Next time this happens, hit the (*) Star settings button on your remote, then go to captioning and turn off subtitles in the main TCL TV menu settings. Turns out disney+ app uses your tv's settings to activate or turn off subtitles and not a sub menu within the app like Netflix.

0 Kudos
TZC

Re: Why won't Disney Plus subtitles turn off?

Jump to solution

You are a legend. 

0 Kudos