Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wsfm1977

Re: How to add or change Disney Plus subtitles my Roku device

Jump to solution

Doesn't seem to be the best solution, but it works. 

0 Kudos
cityten
Channel Surfer

Re: How to add or change Disney Plus subtitles my Roku device \

Jump to solution
I'm watching a series called Touch and it seems Disney forgot to include subtitles for the scenes that aren't in English. I'm almost ready to stop watching it. Workaround for Roku where you choose the * (asterisk) option and choose subtitles just switches from English to "African Dialect" or "Speaking in Japanese."
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Between you and the channel.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @cityten

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Regarding your issue with subtitles within the Disney+ channel,  it'll be best to reach out to their support team directly to report the issue and for further help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact their support here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cityten
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay thanks that makes sense that this would be something Disney+ needs to address.  

They just say: "While watching a video, click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen to display current Audio and Subtitle selections"  But there is nothing on the top right hand corner.  I have found a few other self help tips, none of which are an option.  

I might hold off on anything not completely in English for awhile then maybe in an update they will fix it. 

Nothing Upper Right CornerNothing Upper Right Corner

0 Kudos
Aerp

Re: How to turn Disney Plus subtitles on and off

Jump to solution

Quit Disney on the TCL. On an phone, tablet, etc. launch the Disney app, (with the same account) select the movie you want with subtitles and select the language (upper right corner). Check it has the right subtitles, stop it and launch the Disney app on the TCL, selecto and play the movie. It should have the right subtitle language. 

mossyla

Re: How to turn Disney Plus subtitles on and off

Jump to solution

thank you 🙏 i’m not deaf but he’s of hearing (not diagnosed) but always have subtitles on 🥸

0 Kudos
Lilly777

Jump to solution

so what was the answer?  I have the same problem, no subtitle icon on Roku TV but on all other devices.  CC is always set to on, on my Roku, as my daughter is deaf.   

0 Kudos
Jrgigl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You have to click setting on the remote and go to “Accessibility & Captions” 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just hit the asterisk "*" key. Captions are the first entry.

0 Kudos